Maintenance & warranty
WILMS offers a 5-year guarantee on all its products. A good maintenance guarantees a longer life span. You have to clean your sun protection at least once a year. In areas with a lot of pollution, like for example nearby the sea, in a woody area or in an industrial environment, it needs to be cleaned more often.
Folding arm awnings
Maintenance of the profiles
- Clean the box and folding arms with a soft sponge, lukewarm water and non-aggressive detergent.
- Do not use scouring pads and pressure washers.
- Grease the hinged and rotating parts after you have cleaned your sun protection. PVC guide blocks and guide profiles in aluminium can be provided with a dry lubricant, for example silicone spray (no fat or oil). Do you have any doubts? Contact your installer!
Maintenance of the fabric (acryl)
- Dust of the fabric with a soft brush and clean it with a soft sponge and lukewarm water.
- Make sure your sun protection is free of leaves, branches…
- Use non-aggressive detergent to remove a spot on the fabric.
- Rinse out sufficiently with lukewarm water so there are no remains of the detergent left.
- Let the fabric dry before rolling up. When you roll up your fabric while still wet, you risk having mildew on the fabric. This is also the case when the fabric is wet due to an unexpected shower. That is why we advise you to open the sun protection after the shower so it can dry.